Extensive, Highly Curated Data
BioCyc integrates genome data with a comprehensive body of additional data including metabolic reconstructions, regulatory networks, protein features, orthologs, gene essentiality, and atom mappings.
A Vast Set of Bioinformatics Tools
Browsers for genomes, metabolic networks, and regulatory networks. Transcriptomics and metabolomics data analysis, comparative analysis, and metabolic route search. Sequence search and alignment.
Explore Metabolic Maps for Thousands of Organisms
The Cellular Overview enables you to browse through zoomable metabolic map diagrams that are customized to each BioCyc organism.
Salmonella enterica on your iPhone and iPad
Have you ever wanted to quickly find out what is known about a gene, protein or pathway that was just mentioned in a talk or on a poster? Download the free BioCyc iPhone app to browse BioCyc on the go! Try the iPad version as well.
RouteSearch: Search for Paths Through the Metabolic Network
Search for lowest-cost paths through the metabolic network of the selected organism.
Metabolic Reconstruction from Sequenced Genomes
Install SRI's Pathway Tools software (free to academics) to predict metabolic pathways for sequenced genomes, generate metabolic models.
Gene Expression Data Analysis
Multiple tools are available in this website for analysis of gene expression data.
Comparative Genome Analysis
Multiple comparative analysis tools are available in this website.
Search Databases by Organism Properties
BioCyc contains data on phenotypic properties of organisms, such as human-microbiome body site, aerobicity, and temperature range.
The BioCyc Database Collection
Tier 1 databases such as EcoCyc are the most highly curated. BioCyc databases are computationally derived from MetaCyc.Request Addition of New Genome to BioCyc
The Omics Dashboard: A New View of Omics Data
Visualize omics data as a set of graphs hierarchically organized by functional category. Drill down for more detail in areas of interest.
Salmonella enterica Pathway Genome Databases
This website contains 505 Salmonella enterica genomes (show list) and associated metabolic pathways. Two of these databases are Tier 2 databases that have undergone manual curation:
- Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium str. LT2
- Salmonella enterica serovar Typhimurium str. 14028S
This site is part of the larger BioCyc collection of thousands of Pathway/Genome Databases for sequenced genomes. Click the "Change Current Database" botton (above) to explore the available databases.
This site includes extensive retrieval, visualization and analysis tools, including a genome browser and a metabolic map diagram. There are tools for analysis of gene expression, metabolomics and ChIP-chip data. You can search and align sequences for Salmonella enterica and other microbial genomes and perform comparative analysis. You can store groups of genes and pathways into a SmartTable, and then browse, analyze and share with other users.
Webinar #1: Introduction to BioCyc
- BioCyc Overview Part 1 (7:44) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- BioCyc Overview Part 2 (4:44) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Searching in BioCyc (17:00) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Genome Browsing, Searching, and Alignment (15:38) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Pathways (13:19) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Reactions (3:37) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Compounds (6:42) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
Webinar #2: Introduction to SmartTables
- Part 1: SmartTables Overview (4:30) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2: SmartTables Basics (12:43) [QuickTime Video]
- Part 3: SmartTables Transformations (8:08) [QuickTime Video]
- Part 4: SmartTables Import and Export (9:00) [QuickTime Video]
- Part 5: SmartTables Gene Expression Analysis (7:40) [QuickTime Video]
- Part 6: Metabolomics Analysis with SmartTables (6:45) [QuickTime Video]
Webinar #3: Zoomable Metabolic Map, Comparative Tools, Regulatory Network
- Part 1: The Cellular Overview: Navigating metabolic networks (17:15) [mp4 video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2: Comparative Genomics (21:06) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video]
- Part 3: Ortholog Viewing (10:02) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video]
- Part 4: The Regulatory Overview -- exploring transcriptional regulatory networks (15:21) [mp4 video] or [YouTube]
Webinar #4: Omics Data Analysis
- Transcriptomics Analysis Tools [brief tour (2:40) mp4 video or YouTube] [detailed tutorial (21:36) mp4 video or YouTube]
- Metabolomics Analysis Tools [brief tour (3:26) mp4 video or YouTube] [detailed tutorial (24:09) mp4 video or YouTube]
- Omics Dashboard Part 1 (16:35) [mp4 video], or [YouTube]
- Omics Dashboard Part 2 (24:29) [mp4 video], or [YouTube]
Webinar #5: Pathway Collages
Webinar #6: Creating a Pathway/Genome Database
- Part 1: Building the Database Via Automated Inference Tools (56:42) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2A: General Editing Strategies (8:00) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2B: Creating and Editing Reactions and Compounds (17:32) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2C: Updating Proteins, Citations, GO Terms, and Enzymatic Reactions (26:10) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]
- Part 2D: Making and Editing Pathways (9:42) [Windows Media Video] or [QuickTime Video] or [YouTube]